Saturday, October 27, 2007

The NBA Draft Wrap-Up

Once again, this is a post that I did on FanNation.com about 4 months ago.


I think Conley and Noah were both taken too high. They thrived on teams in which they were surrounded by great players. Rodney Stuckey was taken too high at 15. Why did Washington take a guard with Nick Young when it is clear they need a low post player. Possibly the best point guard taken out of this draft was taken at 45th. He is underrated. Jared Jordan. He led the NCAA in assists the last 2 years and would be a great fit with any team that needed a TRUE point guard.

I do think the Celtics made a good move by getting Ray Allen. Yes, they gave up some talent but with Pierce and Allen together it could make them dangerous. Especially if they some how happen to get Kevin Garnett. Hats off to the New York Knickerbockers. They got Zach Randolph in a trade and I do think Zeke knows what he's doing. Also, they got a pretty decent pick in Wilson Chandler from DePaul. I thought the announcers were right. He might turn out to be a better pro than he was a college player. Sean Williams is a pretty big risk to take at 17th. I mean he got kicked off BC last year in January. He definitely has some problems.

Daequan Cook is going to be a bust in the League. He thrived off of all the talent he had around him last year. A top 10 player in the draft went 24th: Rudy Fernandez. He shows great potential and is an amazing player. If anyone saw footage of his games they know what I'm talking about. I also think Aaron Brooks has good potential to be successful at the next level. As for Pau's little brother, Marc Gasol, I don't think he will be as good as his brother is. The Lakers didn't get much with that pick. Nick Fazekas was a good second-round choice for Dallas who could use him off the bench his first year. I know everyone's picks for Rookie of the Year next season will be either Durant or Oden but I'm going out on a limb with this one: Jeff Green who will outshine fellow classmate Kevin Durant in Seattle.

----- -----

No comments: